11.26.2012

Enlarged to Show Texture

This is totally unrelated to the following post, but I came across it yesterday and thought it was absolutely fantastic and worth the read:

Read me!

As I was getting food preparations together on Wednesday, my eyes fell upon a phrase often seen in the corner of a box of food that states "ENLARGED TO SHOW TEXTURE."  Now, I do not claim to often jump immediately to object lessons every time I see something on the outside of a box of wheat thins, but for some reason this jumped out at me.  (Really.  I'm not that deep).  I started wondering, "what if I was put on the front of a cereal box with that label?"  What if my life was zeroed in on for all to see?  What texture would you behold?

My hope is that the magnified texture on display would reveal a life "above reproach" -- one of sober-mindedness, self control, respectfulness, hospitality, gentility, dignified, wise in speech, and faithful (1 Timothy 3:2-11).  If I am honest though, all too often that image would be humiliating.  I am thankful that when God looks at me, He sees His Son's purity covering me and presenting a glorious texture acceptable and pleasing and glorious to behold. (Isaiah 1:18).

Coming up later this week: House pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels