5.24.2012

Who Sees To It

Since graduating from college five years ago (wow, already?!) I have yet to have a full-time job. When I became blessed with the gift of marriage two years ago, my husband went from an incredibly stressful full-time position to a part-time one in a better situation. Last year, I left my part-time teaching position and started a 15-hr/wk job. We live in a notoriously expensive real estate area, pay monthly credit card bills on a card that hasn't been used in more than two years, slowly chip away at school loans, and are trying to save up to purchase a house in the near future. While we are aware that so many people struggle so much more than we do, financially, life isn't a cakewalk.

 Since accumulating some unexpected surgical bills and high owed taxes in the past few months, I have been increasingly aware of God's desire to show Himself to me as "the one who sees to it," often translated as Jehovah-Jireh. In countless small ways in the past several months, small amounts of money or opportunities to make extra cash have showed up unexpectedly. It has happened entirely too much to be coincidence.

 Now, I definitely do not adhere to the "health and wealth" or "prosperity gospel," but I am becoming more and more aware of how God delights in delighting His children. Right now, it seems He is delighting in seeing to our financial needs. Tithing doesn't come easily these days. It is also the only place in the Bible where God challenges us TO put Him to the test. My heart has overflowed as I have witnessed Him proving Himself to us as our Provider who takes care of every little detail of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels