2.24.2012

The Lazy Blogger is Back

Okay, maybe not lazy, but neglectful.


So this month's cake decorating class encompassed the wonderful world of fondant!  (And indeed, it has been wonderful).  Using the techniques I have learned over the past two months, I made five cakes on Wednesday evening (not stopping until I finished.... at 3:00AM)-- four mini cakes for my husband's curling league and one for the final project for class. 

This class covered making flowers (specifically, daisies, mums, roses, calla lilies, and carnations) out of fondant, covering boards and cakes with the stuff, and just how to work with it in general.  As someone who has a mild obsession with playdough, this was the *PERFECT* outlet. 


For my final project, I decided on a monochromatic theme for my White Chocolate Raspberry-Filled cake:

 

2 comments:

  1. A "mild" obsession with Playdough?!? HAHA
    I love reading your blog, Elaine. It's been fun to read about your baking classes. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Labels