2.01.2012

More From the Experimental Kitchen

Greetings!  In the past week or so, here are a few of the happy experiments to come out of the kitchen:

Problem: Drop bag of apples and already made applesauce for week. Solution: Chop 'em (avoiding bruises), add some flour, egg, and spices, and bake.  If I did it over, I would have opted for only one egg instead of two.
 
Behold- I bring you Pigs in a Blanket on Steroids!  I made a slightly spicy sauce from some canned tomatoes, wrapped some Mild Italian sausage in a batch of dough from the bread maker, top with some cheese (of course), and baked for about 20 minutes.  The only alteration I would make if I had to do it over again would be to use a spicy variety of sausage instead of mild.
Creamy Tomato Basil Bliss with homemade croutons.  Need I say more?

I froze the remainder of the dough from the P.I.A.B.O.S. (second picture), and after thawing had plans for some sort of pizza.  Unfortunately, I let it sit in the warm oven for too long and it was too stiff to roll out.  So I smooshed it into a few custard cups and topped it with leftover chicken reheated in a white wine Alfredo sauce with crumbled turkey bacon and a drizzle of hot sauce.  Wouldn't change a thing.  This has been hereby dubbed as the Stromboli Souffle.  Let it be so/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels