3.14.2012

The One About Food

 Here's a snapshot of the successful experiments that have kept our tummies happy over the past week. We'll start off with baked, breaded shrimp on pasta with a lumpier than usual Parmesan cream sauce:

Trader Joe's always put me in a creative mood, and yesterday was no exception.  The result turned out to be an open-faced sandwich with shredded chicken, caramelized onions and apples, and cheddar cheese on a slice of cornbread.  In the future, I'll try a different type of bread, I think, but we were quite happy with how it turned out!

With a surplus of oatmeal and totally running out of snacks for the husband's lunch, Oatmeal Coconut Butterscotch Cookies were the solution:

"Any dinner requests?"
"Nah, whatever's fine."
"Well I need ideas.  Give me an idea."
"I don't know if it would work or not, but I've always thought a burger would taste good on a biscuit."
It did  :-)  I based these on Alton Brown's Southern Biscuit recipe with couple of changes (including whole wheat flour).  The one pictured was a turkey burger, and behind it was some leftover Italian chicken reheated with a BBQ-esque sauce-- both with cheddar cheese and caramelized onions.

Finally, homemade baked potato chips made with olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt, and cumin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels