3.27.2012

Seriously Amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Icing

I made some chocolate-peanut-butter-oatmeal-graham-butterscotch-chip cookies the other day, but decided they needed a little extra sweetness since I had used very little sugar and the natural peanut butter didn't add any extra sugar.

Enter: Seriously amazing chocoate peanut butter icing. So not healthy, but *totally* worth the calories. If I didn't share it, it would be utter proof in my hatred for humanity. So here it is:

In a mixing bowl (I find a hand-held mixer works better for this, but standing is okay too), cream 1/3ish C Vegetable shortening, a splash of vanilla, 3-5 teaspoons of milk, and a few tablespoons of peanut butter (I use Natural Chunky).

Slowly add heaping tablespoons of confectioners sugar until you reach a happy consistency and sweetness. (I used about a cup). Toss in about a teaspoon of cocoa powder (I used less since I wanted just a subtle cocoa taste). If you want your icing to crust nicely, add a little meringue powder.

Once the icing is smooth, beat for an addition 20-30 seconds. Add a pinch of salt if it's too sweet for your liking. This makes a small batch of icing (About 1 1/3 C).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels